Last Updated: June 2020
The term “device” refers to any computer, tablet, smart phone or other device you are using to access our websites or to operate our mobile applications.
OUR INFORMATION VALUES
We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our websites and mobile applications. If you provide us with information about yourself or your company, we believe that you have the right to know why we are collecting that information and how we use it. We do not intend to use any of the information you provide for marketing purposes.
Our Policy outlines:
- how and why we collect your information;
- how your information is used and protected;
- when and with whom we share your information; and
- what choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information: (1) information we receive from you; (2) information we receive automatically; and (3) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account, request and/or access a white paper or other content or deliver a message on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud.
“Personal Information” includes any information identifiable in nature and may include without limitation: your first and last name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, financial account information such as a credit card number, birthday, demographic information (such as your gender), your company information, employment related information (such as a resume or references), and any other information you give us.
We will collect Personal Information only if you provide it to us. You may visit and use this website without providing Personal Information. If you do not want us to have your Personal Information, please do not provide it to us. If you elect not to provide such information as requested, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or to provide you with any information, products or services.
Information We Receive From You
AVC collects Personal Information about individuals when they specifically and knowingly provided this information for purposes disclosed or otherwise known to them at the time they provide their information or for the wider purposes set out below. This includes, for example, voluntary submission of an email address for a news email update list, providing a business card in a meeting, sending AVC an email that includes the individual’s name, address, phone number and other personal information, or providing basic details for building security purposes when the individual enters AVC premises.
You may provide us with Personal Information through various methods. For example, you share information when you:
- create an account on one of our websites or mobile applications;
- request and/or access a white paper or other content available on or through our website;
- request customer service or contact us;
- provide employment, education, and background-related information as part of a job application or contractor process; or
- post a review or comment on one of our web blog or social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile applications.
Social Media Platforms: When you interact with our website or mobile application from a social media platform, we may collect Personal Information that you or the platform make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
Employment Related Information: We may retain Personal Information you submit because you are interested in a career with us. We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including: to process your application; to communicate with you; to conduct applicant and employment-related statistical evaluation and record keeping; to perform aggregated analytics to improve the applicant experience; to respond to your inquiries and requests for information; to maintain and improve our sites; to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
Information We Receive Automatically
Some information we receive from you is through technology, including when you access our websites, download and use our mobile applications or otherwise use our services or install our applications. This information includes:
Device and Usage Information: We may collect information about your browser or device. This information may include the type of device you are using, your operating system, your browser, your internet service provider, your domain name, your internet protocol (IP) address, your device and mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to our website, referring and exit pages and URLs, the web pages you view (including the date and time you viewed them), the services or functionality you access or use (including the date and time of your access or use), and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over. We use this data, in aggregated form, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the website, as well asto improve our site’s content and structure. You will remain anonymous to us unless you provide us with your Personal Information.
Browsing Information – Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technology: We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our websites and mobile applications. These technologies include cookies, web beacons, java scripts, entity tags, and HTML local storage. Most web browsers can be programmed to accept or reject the use of some or all of these technologies, although you must take additional steps to disable or control other technologies.
- Cookies – Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website’s server and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or for a fixed period (“persistent cookies”). Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server.
- Web Beacons– Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs,” “single pixel gifs,” “page tags” or “web bugs.” We use web beacons to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on.
- Java Scripts – Java scripts are code snippets embedded in various parts of websites and applications that facilitate a variety of operations including accelerating the refresh speed of certain functionality or monitoring usage of various online components.
- Entity Tags– Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- HTML5 Local Storage– HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes:
- to make our websites and services function properly;
- to improve our websites and services;
- to make login easier (such as by remembering your user ID);
- to recognize you when you return to our websites;
- to track your interaction with our websites and mobile applications;
- to enhance your experience with the website and mobile applications;
- to remember information that you have already provided;
- to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites or other online services in order to deliver content tailored to your interests; and
- to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
AVC does not now, nor will it, in the future, sell, rent or lease any Personal Information to third parties. Except for employment related information, which we will use only for purposes related to your potential employment with us, we may use Personal Information in a variety of ways, including to:
- assist in the operation of our website;
- open, maintain, administer, and service user accounts;
- process your requests for information on content, products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information, including requests made through our “Contact Us” page on our website;
- contact you with regards to completing surveys or research questionnaires on current or potential services we may offer;
- Provide investor and corporate information alerts and other marketing information;
- send you information about our products, services, and content;
- respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us;
- maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, and the products and services we offer;
- Process employment applications, evaluate your employment qualifications and contact you regarding employment opportunities where appropriate;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications.
We may engage other companies to perform a variety of functions, such as to provide technical assistance, provide investor relations information or for other legitimate business purposes (collectively, “Third-Parties”). We may share your information with these Third-Parties and these Third-Parties may use your information only to the extent necessary to fulfill their functions, and for no other purpose. Except as otherwise stated herein, we will not make your information available to any unrelated business or activity for any reason.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or other legal request, to protect the integrity of the website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or any other investigation related to public safety.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your personal information, except in the event all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances:
When We Work with Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, analytics services, or content providers and developers.
When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests: We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients or partners.
When We Work on Business Transactions: If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
When You Give Consent: We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
When the Information Does Not Identify You: We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our websites and mobile applications in a manner that does not identify you or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your interactions with the website with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
When You Post on Our Websites: If you post information on a blog or another part of our websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors to our websites, including your user name.
MANAGING INFORMATION: YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROL
If you no longer wish to have your Personal Information processed, you may request to delete your account (username and password), subject to certain limitations, by contacting us as described below. Once you submit your request, we will send an email to the email address linked to your account requesting that you confirm your deletion request. Once you confirm your request to delete your account and data, your account will no longer be accessible while we process your request. Once you confirm your request, this process cannot be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed. When your account is deleted, all associated Personal Information is deleted.
At our website, you can sign up to receive company news and information by email. By signing up, you are joining an “opt-in” list to receive these communications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, we provide a link for you to unsubscribe in our communications or, in the case of Investor Relations communications, at our Investor Relations website. You may also update information about your account with us. We will update and correct your profile if you wish to make changes. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you service communications such as emails about your account. To discontinue or unsubscribe from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out.
You may be able to reject cookies, web beacons, entity tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many common browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
SECURITY; TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
We and our third-party service providers may process or store your personal information in the United States of America, and/or other countries around the world. Regardless of the company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this Policy.
We protect your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your information. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures. If required by law, we shall notify you in the event that any of your Personal Information or other information you provided is compromised.
AVC is headquartered in the United States and its systems are based in the United States. Any information you provide through AVC’s website and online services will be transferred out of your country and to the United States. By providing personal information through AVC’s website and online services, you expressly consent to the transfer of this information to the United States and other countries. By agreeing to this Policy and/or sharing your Personal Information with us, you consent to such transfer. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, please do not use AVC’s website and online services or provide personal information through them.
THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
AVC’s website contains links to websites operated by third parties to provide users additional information. These links may include links to social media services (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube). AVC does not control these third-party sites and services and is not responsible for the content of these sites or the products, services, or actions of the third parties operating them. The privacy policies of these third-party sites and services govern your use of and sharing of data with them and AVC does not control and is not responsible for these privacy policies. AVC strongly recommends you review the privacy policies of these websites and social media services.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We may, in our sole discretion, modify or update this Policy from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will endeavor to notify you by email or by posting a prominent notice on the websites prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Your continued use of the website or service constitutes your acceptance to such changes to this Policy. If you do not accept the terms of this Policy, you should immediately discontinue use of the website or service.
Our websites, online services, and mobiles applications are not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If a child under 13 provided our website, online service, or mobile application with Personal Information, so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our record, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us by writing us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Inc.
1720 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 629
Atlanta, GA 30309
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You can contact us by calling (404) 239-2863 or writing us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Inc.
1720 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 629
Atlanta, GA 30309